Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie

I have made this pie for two thanksgivings now and has been my favorite, as well as my friends and family, and now I want to share it with you all. I acquired this recipe from a Taste of Home Thanksgiving booklet I found at the store register.

Ingredients
1 (9 in) unbaked pastry shell

Cream Cheese Layer Ingredients:
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
3 tbsp powdered sugar
1/2 tspn vanilla extract

Pumpkin Filling:
1 2/3 cups heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 cups canned pumpking
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup sugar
1 3/4 tspn pumpkin pie spice

note: if pumpkin pie spice is not available, you can substitute with 1 tspn ground cinnamon, 1/2 tspn ground ginger and 1/4 tspn ground cloves.

Directions
  1. In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread into pastry shell.
  2. In a bowl, whisk pumpkin filling ingredients until smooth. Pour over cream cheese layer. Cover edges loosely with foil.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees for 70-80 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
I used the ready made honey maid gram cracker pie crust for this recipe and the pumpkin filling was enough for two pies. So I suggest getting double ingredients for the cream cheese layer and another pie crust, so you don't waste the extra pumpkin filling.

I hope you enjoy this recipe, let me know if you had extra pumpkin filling just as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment